Pie Baking Instructions
Bake your Fancy Tarts Pie from frozen. Pies take a long time to bake well. You will need about an hour and a half of bake time plus extra cooling time.
- Line your oven - the filling is likely to bubble over.
- Pre-heat your oven to 400 degrees. Bake for 40-45 mins (25-30 mins for small meat pies and cutie pies) until the pastry is golden brown.
- * Reduce heat to 350 degrees. Bake for another 25 mins or so (15-20 for small meat pies and cutie pies) until the filling is bubbling.
- Reduce heat to 325 degrees and bake a final 15 - 20 minutes (same for small meat pies and cutie pies).
- Cool and Enjoy!!
These are guidelines. Ovens vary. If your pie crust is getting too dark too fast, turn the heat down sooner, but let it bake on the lower heat longer. A good rule of thumb is - when the pie looks done (golden crust and bubbly filling) leave it for 10 more minutes on 325 degrees. This will ensure your bottom crust is baked through.
* Skip this step for Quiche, Pecan, and Pumpkin Pies - instead drop temperature directly to 325 degrees. Bake 35 - 45 mins or until filling is set. Pecan will develop small cracks on top when done, Pumpkin pie is done when the filling is no longer shiny on top and Quiche will puff up in a dome shape when done. Cool and Enjoy!